Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 30, 2008

East Texas, cows and rain!

Well, we made it back from East Texas today. We had a good trip spending time with family. It's always nice to get away. When I arrived on Friday, I discovered that Aunt Norma has adopted a new pet. Buttons is a rabbit who they found washed out in the pasture after a heavy rain. She is the cutest thing.



Saturday morning, there was a little bit of rain. I wasn't feeling too well so I hung around the house with Norma while the boys (Kevin and Uncle Bill) went to the cattle auction. Kevin has decided that this would be a side investment (since Bill and Norma have land and cattle), so we bought a 4 month old Black Angus calf. Ultimately, we would like to buy one or two more to eventually breed and sell the offspring. Her name is Bella (I know it seems crazy to name a cow, but apparently that is how it is done), and she is really pretty cute...for a cow.


We woke up this morning planning to get a fairly early start on the road, but at about 4:00 a.m., a big storm hit, complete with hail. We just laid in bed listening to it roll through. Every time it would seem to stop, it would gust up again and more rain and hail. It finally let up a little before 8:00. One side of the front yard looked like a pond, but, after making an escape for breakfast, we got on the road. After we got home, it was the usual chores: laundry, grocery shopping, before another week of work.


Well, I hope everyone had a great weekend. Looks like we are headed to Tulsa again next weekend so, if I don't post again this week, I'll be back after the weekend.


1 comments:

Bunch of Oranges said...

You guys travel more than anyone I know! I use to have a white bunny like that! I loved having rabbits! Have fun in Tulsa