Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Floors are done and painting begins!

So, if you read my last post, you know that we were a little concerned about being able to save our floors for staining after the drywallers had put up the walls. However, after three 10+ hour days over Labor Day weekend, we were ready to give it a go. I am delighted to say that my husband did an amazing job applying the stain, and, after three coats, it turned out beautifully. It will really be something to see when we polish it, but we aren't going to do that until right before we move in. All in all, I'm happy we did it, but if I ever decide to do it again, I will pay someone. :)

This week, our contractor is actually putting all the trim in the house (baseboards, door trim, etc.) and then the painters will do their thing. The brick guy will show up somewhere late this week or early next week to put the brick on the house. SO EXCITED!!! I will post pictures when I have them. Until then, enjoy the staining!


Master bedroom after the first coat of stain


My handsome boy checking out the floors


After three coats and sealer


Looking good!


A ton of work - but worth the effort!

0 comments: